Adventures in Pangloss
Population: 30,000 (city)
- Sovereign Hieronymus Rook (human fighter, NG)
- Cast down the former overlord Krace Krokus 20 years ago.
- Largest city in the Marchlands.
- Temples to most (non-evil) gods.
- Pangloss’ largest temple to Hyperia, Heaven’s Vigil. A mighty citadel of vaulted stone topped with bronze spires. Still under construction.
- Crypt-shrine to Lord Rook’s dead wife (Mellura, half-elf sorceress) made of blue crystal in city square. Honor guards provide constant vigil. Died six years ago.
- Main castle,rechristened Rookskeep, an ancient edifice of black stone with heavy iron gates.
- The Seclusium (a wizards’ collective) in tower covered in dark gray, maroon, and green fractal mosaics.
- Large halfling quarter with prosperous artisans.
- The Pale House, large circular temple to Death Itself with thirteen doors, made of marble and carved like bone.