Adventures in Pangloss
Population: 5,000 (town)
- Seaside town built along the rocky shores and cliffs.
- Lady Madelaine Nyx (human cleric, N) governs the town and acts as high priestess.
- Temples to Unastre and only Unastre. Heretical sect reveres Her as mother goddess and demiurge.
- Clergy and faithful consume glowing purple sea moss that causes hallucinatory visions.
- Sea moss is harvested by merfolk colony off-shore and traded with the clergy.
- Dead interred in tombs hacked into cliffs, and capped with carvings of the departed’s faces. Richer citizens are entombed higher up the cliff.
- 40-foot tall, giant-bone pipes stand along the shore. Haunting melodies to fill the air when the wind blows (and the wind blows a lot).
- Iocasta Doomslayer (Tiefling, paladin of vengeance LN) carries out Lady Nyx’s will and roots out trouble.